***NOTE: BELOW IS ARCHIVED 2012 for INFORMATION ONLY***
CELTFEST EVENTS SUMMARY 2012 may continue to be added to up till July.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, July 14 & 15 Summary of Public Events (PDF below)
- for details go to: Open Workshops for all!
MONDAY-THURSDAY, July 16-19 Details at links below:
- Ceilidh Dance Class for All, Drop-In, by Donation: 2:45-4:15 daily M,T,W
- Gaelic Language Session for All, Drop-In, by Donation: 5:30-7:00 Thurs only
- Evening Classes and Special Events: Many Offerings: 5:30-7:00
CeltFest Instructor Concerts
The instructional Faculty perform in the professional concerts listed below. Each show has a different theme, and a different combination of artists and numbers. Details of each show will be posted soon on the event listings, also appearing on the events calendar for July.
- MONDAY: Lori Watson & Innes Watson ~ Scots Kith and Kin
- TUESDAY: Stephanie Cadman & Owen Barrington~ Dancer-Musician Double Threats
- THURSDAY: Sunset & Stars Gala Finale: featuring the Niamh ni Charra Band and ALL!
For listings and descriptions of those above, go to CONCERTS. Doors open at 7pm|7:30 showtime on Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.
NOTE: tickets must be purchased for admission to these concerts and ceilidhs. Pre-purchase is highly recommended as space is limited.
Just want to do the ceilidhs? Arrive at the door, sometime after 8:30. (space permitting) Admission is $5, a donation to the CeltFest Bursary Fund. Time of 9:00 ceilidh start is approximate.
CeltFest Student Concerts & Ceilidhs
WEDNESDAY night features the student talent show, the one, the only~
- Wacky Jig & Hornpipe Contest OPEN to the public! Non-serious competition, but serious fun! It's a family pub night, which features a called Ceilidh Dance and live instructor ceilidh-band entertainment!
Students perform open-stage style after each concert. 8:30 onwards each night.
IMPORTANT NOTES re: CONCERTS & CEILIDHS
- Tickets need to be purchased for admission. Advance purchase best. Don't be disappointed!
- CeltFest Ceilidhs are free to CeltFest students, and those with a CeltPak or CeltPass with name badges and also for ticket holders to the evening's earlier concert. They are open by nominal admission charge (after 8:30) at the door each evening, space permitting.
- Evening CONCERTS: Doors open at 7pm |7:30 showtime on Mon, Tue Wed and Thur.
want to participate in public events at a discount?
CeltFestiValue! All 2012 Concerts & Ceilidhs at a discount! Pre-purchase a CeltPAK.
.....Want to ALSO do some evening classes and special events? Purchase a CeltPASS, which gives you all of the above PLUS unlimited access to Weekend, Evening and Special Participatory Workshops! OFFER AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
|Celtfest Public Events Print.pdf||796.39 KB|